Coconut Oil Uses-Solterra Ecoluxury Apartments in San Diego
Did you know that coconut oil has so many uses! Coconut oil is my newest green beauty obsession. I keep multiple jars of it in the bathroom, bedrooms, and kitchen so that it’s always at my fingertips. The wonderful thing about coconut oil is that it is healthy, versatile, and serves so many functions that it comes in handy at the most unexpected times. These are some ways in which coconut oil is useful:
- Moisturizer Slather it on your face morning and night for some luscious treatment. It feels a bit greasy at first, but is quickly absorbed, leaving skin soft and supple. Use it on dry skin, chapped lips, and kids’ rosy cheeks.
- Whipped lotion Whip 2 cups of coconut oil (or half shea butter) in a stand mixer until soft and fluffy. Add essential oil, if desired. Scoop into a container. The oil will not harden.
- Face wash and makeup remover If you’re into the oil cleansing method, coconut oil is great for cleaning. Rub a bit between your hands until it softens or melts (its melting point is 76 F/24 C), then rub all over your face. Wipe away with a hot washcloth.
- Ultimate hair product Work a small amount into your hair to tame it and produces well-defined waves and curls without greasiness. Do an overnight deep-condition.
- Luscious massage oil There’s no need to invest in expensive massage oil when coconut oil does just as good a job. Soften between your hands before using.
- Spot and stain remover Rub a piece of coconut oil into a spot on upholstery or a carpet, and it will loosen the stain or item. You can mix with baking soda to make an effective stain remover. (This same baking soda-coconut oil mixture makes a good whitening toothpaste.)
- Diaper and nipple cream Apply it to your baby’s bottom for moisturizing and antibacterial treatment. If you’re nursing, use it in place of lanolin to treat sore nipples.
- Sweetener and whitener for coffee and tea
- Natural shaving cream
- Oil pulling Good for oral health. Swish some coconut oil around your mouth for 15 minutes in the morning to 'pull' bacteria out of your mouth. Spit and rinse with water.
- Medicinal uses Coconut oil helps yeast infections, vaginal dryness, ear infections, cold sores, nosebleeds, rashes, and bug bites.
- Household uses Season cast iron pans, polish patent leather, remove chewing gum, and clean shower scum with coconut oil on a rag.